Why learn to swim?
Learning to swim at any age means you gain a life skill that can keep you fit, safe, and lets you have fun in the water, wherever you go.
At BaySwim we focus on teaching great swimming technique, and membership gives you a chance to practice in between lessons as often as you want to.
Our BaySwim team love teaching people to be safe and confident around the water. Our programmes are comprehensive, fun, and are developed with input from Dean Kent, an ex-Olympic swimmer.
When you live in the Bay of Plenty, you are constantly surrounded by water. Swimming skills give you the confidence to partake in water-based activities, and they deliver both social and safety benefits and outcomes.
Teachers from the Bay
We love living here and we love swimming here. The Bay of Plenty has it all including beaches, rivers, lakes and swimming pools. Our role is to maximise your enjoyment and safety in all these water conditions; it’s something we take seriously, but making sure it’s fun along the way!
Two top locations
Our learn to swim pools at Baywave and Greerton are kept at slightly higher temperatures and are treated at extremely low chlorine levels to ensure maximum comfort. There’s also an onsite café at Baywave for that essential coffee and snack!
Meet our team
Our team run an award-winning swim programme! We employ passionate staff who have a love for teaching and working with students of all ages so they can have a high quality swimming experience with us.
At BaySwim not only do you get a multi-award-winning learn-to-swim programme at one of the most competitive prices locally, you also receive a variety of benefits including:
- Free swimming at all Bay Venues community pools, including Baywave, Greerton, Memorial and Otumoetai Pools (stay and play after lessons or as an enrolled BaySwim student come and visit us at any time for free)
- 20% off private one-on-one lessons
- 30% off your second lesson in the same week (for same child)
- 10% off swim merchandise sold at any of our aquatic venues
- 10% off for families with three or more children in our programme